Friday, March 10, 2017

Five for Friday

 

 Last week felt very eventful.  This week not as much.  While we got a lot done, I must admit there was nothing super memorable.  It flew by in a haze of test prep and dealing with behavior issues.  Lucky me.

Check out this week's Five for Friday linky!  

1

Read Aloud - I decided it was time to throw in another chapter book into our daily read aloud. February was full of picture books, so it was definitely past due.

My students actually are the ones to choose which book we read.  This week was spent reading the first chapter and looking at the covers of four different books (Charlotte's Web, The Boxcar Children, Ramona Quimby, Age 8, and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.  All the books had something very important in common - there are movies that accompany them.  We will be forced to watch the movie after PARCC testing (timed just right for the finish of the book). Darn! 😀

* For anyone interested, my students voted on The Boxcar Children.  They were immediately obsessed by them!
                                                                                                             
2



Laminating - Try not to be too jealous of me, but I have a fun night of laminating and cutting out these task cards so they will be ready for next week.  This is a great review for my low students. Interested in your own set?  Click the pic to get your own set.


3



Women's History Month - I love using these sheets to teach my students a fact about a woman that has made a difference in history using math skills.  They have brought up great conversations.

4

PARCC Testing - We finally got the PARCC Testing schedule.  I am first to test.  My luck keeps growing and growing.  The fun begins in 11 days.


5

New Toy for my Fur Babies - My fur babies got a new cat stand from my dad.  They are on it all the time.  Unfortunately, Lemur has become a hog.  Poor Kiwi is stuck on the kitchen chair.



No comments:

Post a Comment